[sdiy] Analog bandwidth

Donald Tillman don at till.com
Fri Feb 21 00:35:47 CET 2014

On Feb 20, 2014, at 10:58 AM, rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk wrote:

>> Obviously in theory there's no need to have much happening above 20k.
>> But I'm wondering how true that is in real circuits.
>
> There is energy above 20kHz but not much.  Waveforms like Saw, Square and PWM inherent have 1/f rolloff (-6dB/oct)

Uh...

While the level of the harmonics of saws and squares roll off at 1/n, the number of harmonics doubles each octave.  So overall the power per octave is theoretically roughly constant.

In practice it's a piece of audio equipment and not radio equipment.

  -- Don

--
Don Tillman
Palo Alto, California