[sdiy] SSM2164 Phaser - another way?

rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk
Tue Feb 18 16:48:04 CET 2014

Hi Tom,

I don't think this will work.  The output current from the VCA is just
dumped to ground, so it won't have any influence on the allpass filter
behaviour.  I think you are assuming that the input to the VCA will
behave like a variable resistance?  I don't think it works like that.
The input to the VCA will just appear like a fixed resistance, and it is
the output current of the VCA that will be scaled by the CV so that it
*appears* like there's variable resistor inside.  But, this will only
control the cutoff frequency of the allpass filter if the VCA is
actually included inside the allpass filter circuit.

-Richie,