[sdiy] Small ZyBo Success

Scott Gravenhorst music.maker at gte.net
Mon Feb 17 03:34:10 CET 2014

music.maker at gte.net wrote:

>I had searched for information about the ZyBo power on demo to no avail
>(early adopter syndrome).
>
>My son was able to lend me a USB micro B cable which powered up the board.
> I played with the switches, but none of the LEDs light up.  I saw the LEDs
>for the USB lighting up, so I wondered if there's a little linux in the
>flash.  I found a new COM port, so I attached Hyperterminal to that port at
>115.2 kbaud, 8 bits, 1 stop, no flow control and voila, a zynq> prompt
>appeared.  Doing an ls command confirmed that linux is running.

The little zybo demonstration web server works, so the ethernet port is enabled.  Telnet
also works over ethernet.  I was able to use the vi editor to modify index.html file in
/var/www.

Lotsa fun, looks like the board works.  Now we just need to get the rest of the stuff from
Digilent.

-- ScottG
-- Scott Gravenhorst
-- FPGA MIDI Synth Info: jovianpyx.dyndns.org:8080/public/FPGA_synth/
-- FatMan Mods Etc.: jovianpyx.dyndns.org:8080/public/fatman/
-- Some Random Electronics Bits: jovianpyx.dyndns.org:8080/public/electronics/
-- Matt 21:22