[sdiy] Retaining button state after power off?

Roman Sowa modular at go2.pl
Sat Feb 1 23:20:13 CET 2014

I was refering to power cycles of the entire device and not each button
press, because the clean way to do it is to write last config state when
power is actually being turned off. PIC monitors power line, and if it
drops below some threshold, it initiates EEPROM write, which takes about
3ms. Power lines usually don't drop nearly that fast so it will be
finished before the raill goes to, say, 2V. That's why insane daily
rebooting gives 100 years, while more civilized use means impossible to
imagine 1000 years of operation.

And as a side note about Polysixes, as I did a few myself - always
replace the NiCad with a socket for CR2032. That one does not leak, and
works for decades. I have seen 30-year old synths with lithium battery
still in fair condition. So battery is not a bad thing in general, NiCad is.

Roman