[sdiy] Executing guest synthesizer code on stm32f4

Olivier Gillet ol.gillet at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 18:38:01 CET 2014

Other "easy" options I can think of:

give away the entire source code of your synth, minus all the audio
rendering code. With a linker script in which flash starts at
0x08080000.

Use a bootloader that can either jump to, say, 0x08008000 (official
firmware) or 0x08080000 (alternative firmware) after initialization.

In effect, a "plug-in" is just a full-blown alternative firmware.

Very few headaches, but lots of code duplication (which can be bad if
code size is an issue) - and this exposes your non-audio code.