[sdiy] Modern LM311 replacement?

Nils Pipenbrinck n.pipenbrinck at hilbert-space.de
Fri Dec 12 15:56:59 CET 2014

Hi folks,

what is your take on 21th century comparators?

I'm looking for a modern (faster) replacement for the good old LM311. It
served me well in the past, but now I need something with half the
propagation delay (shorter is better). I'm also fine with different
output stages. No need for the open collector design.

I searched the web, and whatever I found was either completely over the
top (performance and price-wise) or I was unable to find someone who
actually sells the chip in single quantities.

Best,
  Nils