[sdiy] MicroZed

James J. Clark clark at cim.mcgill.ca
Fri Nov 22 22:15:29 CET 2013

If you are interested in mixing ARM processing with FPGA circuitry,
Terasic recently released Sockit, a very nice dev board with a pretty
large Cyclone V FPGA (110K logic elements). The chip also has an embedded
800MHz dual core ARM A9 chip and various SoC type peripherals. The board
has a lot of other stuff as well, including an Analog Devices 24-bit 96KHz
codec, an OTG USB port (for midi?) accelerometer, 128x64 graphic LCD, and
best of all 2GBytes worth of RAM. You can get it for as low as $250 (from
Arrow http://parts.arrow.com/item/search/#st=sockit).

The Terasic page is http://parts.arrow.com/item/search/#st=sockit

I think this is a great board at a great price (the FPGA alone would run
you more than the cost of the board at most distributores. e.g. Digikey
lists the FPGA at $255).

Jim