[sdiy] Keyboard stopper Adhesive...

John Henson synthnerd at eircom.net
Thu Nov 21 21:36:52 CET 2013

There is (and almost always has been) talk of removing the self adhesive
transparent key stop strip when rebuilding those 80's Roland keyboards,
sort of a "rip it off, you don't need it" from people on various forums.
I rebuild a lot of Roland key-beds and it is not necessary to remove it
at all, just dig under it with a fine screwdriver to bend it outwards to
get the key to release. Such synths as the Juno 101, SH 101, JX8P, D50
and lots of others use this strip to lock the keys in place. Without it
the keys can wobble from side to side a lot more and keys can easily be
pulled out from the front, I know the spring should hold it in place but
if it doesn't you might have to dismantle the synth to get the keyboard
back together again.