[sdiy] LabTool scope/analyzer

Ullrich Peter Peter.Ullrich at kapsch.net
Fri Nov 15 22:16:30 CET 2013

Hi!

Regarding USB logic analyzers:
I have 3 different USB logic analyzers at work:

1) The Intronix LA1034: fine as it goes up to 500 MHz and has 34 channels and nice protocol analyzers http://sigrok.org/wiki/Intronix_Logicport_LA1034
Nice for capturing parallel busses (address, data, control) and triggering on special addresses or event (read memory location 145h for example)

2) The quite old Digiview DV100: 18 channels and 100MHz
Used it very seldom... Was quite expensive for the limited number of channel, speed and memory depth...
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/DV1-100/DV1-100-ND/565870

not available any longer: newer models here:
http://www.tech-tools.com/logic-analyzer-models.htm

3) The Saleae Logic: Only 8 channels at up to 24MHz but nearly limitless memory dept as it samples in realtime to the PC and the sample depth goes up to 2GB!!!
Nice protocol analyzers included. I have to say that I use this little analyzer the most. Very intuitive software, nice and small and the memory depth is great!
http://www.saleae.com/logic/
for 149$ its a good buy!

Ciao
Peter