[sdiy] Jp-8 head scratcher

Maarten Halmans diy at artefacts.nl
Wed Nov 6 16:48:58 CET 2013

Hi all,

I have some serious strange thing going on in a Roland Jupiter-8 and I have
no more clues where to look. I tuned all 16 voices and they are very nice in
tune over all octaves. They are well tuned on start up (in test mode) and
when the synth is on for several hours. So far so good!

The problem arrises when I use the auto tune. All voices stay tuned except
for 2 voices(on the same voice board). Oscillator 1 of both voices is tuned
to high. One voice is 12 cent off the other 6 cent. Oscillator 2 of both
voices is still in tune. So I swapped the voice card to make shure it is not
in de keyboard cv sample&holds or auto tune multiplexers and the problems
moves with the voice card. I also disconnected all the modulation sources
but all with no result. Swapped the CV summing amp and the transistor array,
which does not make sense but you have to try something. I am completly in
the dark now. Sounds familiar to someone or does someone have suggestions or
ideas the find the problem? They are very welcome!!

Best Maarten