[sdiy] Screwing with Square Waves

Donald Tillman don at till.com
Sun Nov 3 21:04:00 CET 2013

On Nov 2, 2013, at 7:27 PM, Magnus Danielson <magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org> wrote:

> First of all, what the hell have you been smoking?

I get asked that a lot.  :-)

> Anyway, excellent approach! You drive the point nicely, to say that we
> tend to not think beyond the description "squarewave" and actually
> consider what it is and what it isn't is.

Thanks.

Indeed; I think we have a tendency to get caught up in geometric shapes.  And that's certainly going to be the case when you're building circuitry to create those waveforms.  But, with a few exceptions, the ears are mostly insensitive to the geometric features of audio signals.

  -- Don

--
Don Tillman
Palo Alto, California