[sdiy] Screwing with Square Waves

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sun Nov 3 03:27:03 CET 2013

Hi Don,

On 10/31/2013 07:02 PM, Donald Tillman wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Please enjoy an article I just wrote about some strange and beautiful aspects of Square Waves:
>
>     Square Wave Variations
>     http://www.till.com/articles/squares/index.html
>
> (This presentation relies heavily on the MATHML feature of modern browsers. I'm interested in hearing of any cases where it doesn't work correctly.)
First of all, what the hell have you been smoking?

Anyway, excellent approach! You drive the point nicely, to say that we
tend to not think beyond the description "squarewave" and actually
consider what it is and what it isn't is.

Essentially, you can "sculpt" the waveform as much with phase as with
amplitude, so the waveform may not always be the best way to convey
particular properties.

So, can I have some? :D

Cheers,
Magnus