[sdiy] Abusing reconstruction filters - LTC1569-6 - Linear Phase, DC Accurate, Tunable 10th Order Lowpass Filter

cheater00 . cheater00 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 16:18:04 CET 2013

Hi guys,
I have been wondering if anyone had played around with this chip. It
seems like a very simple to use part with fun applications. Apparently
it's made to accurately assume frequencies down to 1 kHz, but I guess
it can go lower than that. Frequency is controlled by a single
resistor.

http://www.linear.com/product/LTC1569-6
http://cds.linear.com/docs/en/datasheet/15696f.pdf

This family of chips has other interesting parts in it as well:

LTC1563 - Active RC, 4th Order Lowpass Filter Family —A Single
Resistor Value Sets the Cutoff Frequency (256Hz < fC < 256kHz)
http://www.linear.com/product/LTC1563
http://cds.linear.com/docs/en/datasheet/156323fa.pdf

I wonder if this chip might be useful given a really slow clock (say,
from a 555):
LTC1264-7 - Linear Phase, Group Delay Equalized, 8th Order Lowpass Filter
http://www.linear.com/product/LTC1264-7
http://cds.linear.com/docs/en/datasheet/12647fa.pdf

Cheers,
D.