[sdiy] Fast envelope follower circuit needed..

Justin Owen juzowen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 14:39:07 CET 2013

For a basic analog cook-book solution - look at the schem for the Polyfusion 2044 Envelope Follower.

It's a pretty simple set up - Half Wave Rectifier followed by LPF with switchable response. It also has a Gate output.

...but can someone clarify:

What is the LPF actually doing with regards to the follower output? Do the high frequencies cause some sort of unpleasant spike?

HTH/Thanks