[sdiy] is raspberry pi the future?

Terry Shultz thx1138 at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 14 23:13:45 CET 2013

Hi All,

Eric may e correct on I/O on the Ti based solution. I am speaking mostly from a Freescale centric application point.

There again, it depends on how these pins are brought out. They are usually heavily multiplexed as most ARM devices are.

If An ARM Audio centric board is what is required. putting enough A/D-D/A channels and some GPIO pins, UARTS, USB, etc. is usually what makes these small footprints so non-desireable to most of my applications.

I work a great deal in Multi-channel Audio and 3-D Audio applications and need a bit more meat than a RPI.

Perhaps I should do a quick analysis of a TI , Freescale, Marvel based Low cost board to see what features are similar/different.

best regards,
Terry Shultz
thx1138 at earthlink.net