[sdiy] is raspberry pi the future?

Jason Nanna jasonnanna at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 19:09:58 CET 2013

Haven't done anything with the audio interface onboard, but I managed
to get 8 quantized 8-bit DACs (TLC7226) and 8 bi-directional
trigger/gate i/o from the raspberry pi.  Currently integrating it with
a music composition/performance environment a friend of mine is
working on in Python called Pippi:

https://github.com/hecanjog/pippi

The software runs on the Pi and is designed to interface with another
machine (or machines) running pippi, via OSC.  It's embedded into a
small briefcase synth.  Ironing out sync issues with the OSC server at
the moment, but it's close!