[sdiy] is raspberry pi the future or Cortex M series

Terry Shultz thx1138 at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 14 18:35:15 CET 2013

Hi Paul,

These little Cortex M3/M4 ARM devices are great to do simple audio projects with.

The Arduino add-ons are plentiful and tools are getting pretty good to work with.

I have not seen any real Mac based tools, but I use WinXP on my MAc Book Pro using VM Fusion and so far all my PC tools work fine.

As I am no longer Freescale employed, I have been trying out other kits.

The Cypress folks just came thru town with a seminar on the CY8CKIT-050 PSoC 5LP and I have general Midi and a MP3 player up and running already.

The kit came with a Keil Compiler for 1 year Free. Also they gave us the kit for Free!!!

Just can't beat Free when you are unemployed.

Terry Shultz
thx1138 at earthlink.net