[sdiy] Best way to get a +3.3V rail from +15V?

BRUCE DUNCAN modcan at sympatico.ca
Fri Mar 8 23:53:16 CET 2013

One thing I wonder about is using say 10+ small SMPS sub regulators in a modular environment is what
the cumulative effect on main transformer based power supply on startup.
I read somewhere that SMPS look like a dead short on startup. Could this cause
over current tripping on say Power One supplies with current limiting?
Having a lot of modules in a system resulting in many input caps in parallel has often been a problem
with power supply startup and just wondering if could cause similar issues.

Bruce