[sdiy] Best way to get a +3.3V rail from +15V?

Jim Credland jim at cernproductions.com
Thu Mar 7 21:13:14 CET 2013

I've been using a MAX5033 switching regulator on a tiny PCB to get a 5V
rail and then an LDO part on the module itself to get the 3.3V out.  The
MAX thing was a piece of cake and seems remarkably low-noise.

What I'd really like to do is convert the -12V rail which is under used
in the synth though to the +5V rail.  I'm sure it's possible but even
thinking about the problem turns my head upside down.  Do I use two
parallel step up converters?