[sdiy] Middle school audio sequencer project

Monse Lozano panfilero at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 19 17:58:42 CEST 2013

Hi, I'm doing a summer class where I have kids making small electronics projects (which I got great tips on projects from this group a couple months ago, much appreciated) and I'm having the kids make little oscillator circuits, and was thinking it would be cool to run the individual oscillators through an analog mux that could step through each oscillator's tone, that way I could have all the kids playing with their individual oscillator frequency and one kid controlling the clock on the mux and it would be a way to combine all their projects into one that they could perform with together.

My question is, could anyone recommend a mux or a part that would do the sequencer part of this project?  I'm using simple CMOS oscillators from Nicola Collin's book Handmade Electronic Music, so they can output up to 9V...

much thanks!
Monse