[sdiy] CEM3372 Notes

Russell McClellan russell.mcclellan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 23:51:36 CEST 2013

Apologies for the potential double-post, I accidentally had the "plain
text" mode turned off in gmail, and this message was not appearing in
my inbox.

Being slightly confused on the CEM3372 VCF, I did some research on the
chip and wrote up some notes:

http://www.russellmcc.com/posts/2013-06-14-CEM3372.html

I tried to do the analysis in a way someone with no OTA experience
could follow.  If I were assuming familiarity with OTAs, I would have
said something like "It's an OTA, but the final two current mirrors
are removed, and the output current is connected directly to the
inverting input, with a capacitor to ground forming an RC filter with
the input impedence of the differential stage."

I'm hoping for some constructive feedback as I'm quite aware my
technical writing skills, and my analog chops, are fairly poor.

Thanks,
Russell