[sdiy] SSM2040 'clone' question

Justin Owen juzowen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 22:13:24 CEST 2013

Hello,

This is the schem for René Schmitz 2040-alike.

http://www.sdiy.org/juz/rs2040_02.jpg

4x poles, each comprising a differential pair plus current mirror and a cascode (bufffer?) output - but in between those two is a 1n Cap.

I originally assumed this config was some sort of current controlled integrator but recently I started wondering if it wasn't actually a discrete low-pass filter with the differential pair plus current mirror acting as a single-ended current-controlled resistor?

So is it 4x integrators or 4x low-pass filters... or something else?

Thanks.

P.S. René - I hope you don't mind me using your schem to ask this :)