[sdiy] VCO Jitter, Slop ... (was: Re: Smith's Evolver Desktop's spikey VCO waveforms)

BRUCE DUNCAN modcan at sympatico.ca
Mon Jun 10 22:25:49 CEST 2013

I don't think VCOs on their own can can increase their levels of obesity
by drift or unstable tuning or whatever. Probably only when multiple VCOs
are played together that these attributes become interesting.
One of JHs main points was how Moog VCOs are more detuned in the low ranges
adding animation in the bass notes while keeping higher frequencies more or less in tune.
This does seem to work as I have tried it on a digital triple VCO with good results.
It does sound fat to my ears anyway.