[sdiy] Uniformly distributed noise generator?

Richie Burnett rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk
Mon Jun 10 12:34:12 CEST 2013

> Richie,
> indeed, I thought of using a digital source myself, but was hoping the
> analogue gods here could come up with something fully analogue. I'm
> certain there's something out there..

You could probably pass your analogue Gaussian distributed noise through a
soft-clipper with an s-shaped saturation-type curve to modify the histogram
towards a more even amplitude distribution.  I'm not great on probabilities
and maths though so I won't try to work out what shape that function might
need to be!

-Richie,