[sdiy] VCO Jitter, Slop ... (was: Re: Smith's Evolver Desktop's spikey VCO waveforms)

Michael Zacherl sdiy-mz01 at blauwurf.info
Sun Jun 9 03:00:45 CEST 2013

On 9.6.2013, at 00:11 , Andre Majorel wrote:

>> VCOs suck.  That's why they're interesting.
>
> I can't prove it but I'm pretty sure it's their jitter that
> makes VCOs interesting, more than their waveforms. For human
> ears, all waveforms are equally boring if perfectly periodic.

if you had to put it into numbers, what would be the amount of jitter, you think?
et al ... and, in general, something like a slop parameter on DSI synths for their
oscillators, is that just for the frequency and how much? Never had a play with it.

m.

--
noise chasers: http://blauwurf.at
http://soundcloud.com/noiseconformist