[sdiy] Digital IO board with USB control & VBnet access examples...??

cheater00 . cheater00 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 00:46:32 CEST 2013

Hi Jean-Pierre,
you can use FTDI, but unless you want really slow transfer speeds
you'll want to use a buffer. If you don't buffer you're stuck with
sending every byte in a separate packet or something like that. I
don't remember the exact reasoning behind that; I stumbled across this
when researching FTDI based JTAG interfaces. It's a limitation of how
USB is created - it's very slow to set up a stream and if you don't
have a buffer you need to keep on setting up streams, or something.

Cheers,
D.