[sdiy] Smith's Evolver Desktop's spikey VCO waveforms

Ingo Debus igg.debus at t-online.de
Fri Jun 7 17:43:44 CEST 2013

Am 05.06.2013 um 23:53 schrieb Michael Zacherl:

> Any thoughts what that could be?
>
> Thanks a lot, Michael.
> [1] http://blauwurf.at/temp/EvolverWave-Glitches.png

I have no idea if here's a similar reason, but this reminds me of an issue I had with broken CEM3340s more than once. The saw output went slightly negative (it usually doesn't), and the following waveform selector, a 4066 analog switch, being powered from V+ and GND, could not turn off the saw wave during the glitch. The glitch went through, no matter which waveform was selected. Very annoying for the triangle wave.

Ingo