[sdiy] Smith's Evolver Desktop's spikey VCO waveforms

Michael Zacherl sdiy-mz01 at blauwurf.info
Thu Jun 6 17:09:31 CEST 2013

On 6.6.2013, at 14:03 , Tom Wiltshire wrote:

> He didn't mention having sent them the image, but I agree, if they've seen it and they don't think that's normal, then that does suggest something more going on.

Hi Tom, I asked my buddy to send me the correspondence he had with DSI.
But they have seen it, I'm sure.
And bad sound came first, then the look at the waveform.
I know this phenomenon, I stumbled into this 'trap' of looking at the osc-screen myself in the 'young years'. ;-)
I also got a photo of the pcb, alas it's too small to tell more about custom chips etc.
It's all remote communication, so it's not easiest, ATM, so I'm waiting for more.

cheers, Michael.

--
noise chasers: http://blauwurf.at
http://soundcloud.com/noiseconformist