[sdiy] Compensating output level for Q

Neil Johnson neil.johnson71 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 17:34:10 CEST 2013

Hi,

Nicholas Keller wrote:
>   It's the deafening squeal one.  The synth is an Octave Cat SRM with an SSM2040 based filter.  Here is the schematic:
>
> http://i.imgur.com/R028I6l.jpg

I find maxima really good for exploring things like this.  A couple of
minutes putting in the transfer function of a single 2-pole SVF and I
can plot the responses of various points. Gnuplot can kind of do that
as well, but maxima has much better algebraic manipulation and a much
nicer visual presentation of equations (even in text mode).

Neil
--
http://www.njohnson.co.uk