[sdiy] Prophet 10 op-amp swaps?

rsdio at sounds.wa.com rsdio at sounds.wa.com
Wed Jul 31 21:20:25 CEST 2013

Depending upon how the op-amp is configured / wired, you can usually
get rid of oscillation with a small capacitor in the feedback loop.
However, I don't know whether there's a convenient resistor that you
could strap a capacitor across in parallel. In some configurations,
you wouldn't be able to add a compensating cap without cutting a
trace, and I wouldn't cut a trace or otherwise alter a PCB for a
different op-amp.

You could keep searching for an op-amp with less bandwidth. I
recently designed a 32-channel DAC for ultrasonic frequencies, and I
had to keep trying and testing multiple op-amps until I got one with
enough bandwidth. Seems easy enough to go in the reverse direction
and select for lower bandwidth.

... if there isn't an easy way to just add a cap in the feedback.

Brian Willoughby
Sound Consulting