[sdiy] Prophet 10 op-amp swaps?

Eric Frampton eric at ericframpton.com
Wed Jul 31 20:58:17 CEST 2013

D -

I've now swapped out all the 356's except for one in the Lower EQ out.

I've got a CRT scope, 30MHz.

Sure 'nuf, you called it. There's a super-high-frequency oscillation happening at the Upper EQ out that isn't happening at the Lower one. You can't hear it, and it doesn't register on VU meters, but you can see it on the 'scope. It seems to only be happening at that one stage; the final outputs do amplify it (no rejection, darn!), but they don't appear to be adding any problems of their own.

So, aside from building an active filter circuit (which I'd rather not get into), might this be solved by a well-placed bypass/filter cap, or maybe a not-quite-as-fancy op-amp (though I don't want to drop that 356 back in there)?