[sdiy] To SMT orNot to SMT.. that is my question

charlie wallace charlie at finitemonkeys.com
Fri Dec 20 22:29:54 CET 2013

I use bismuth/tin/indium alloy mix for SMD rework on chips, it's much
lower temperature and lets you work on it longer, much harder to kill
a pad, its easy to clean up too a little flux and a cotton swab
usually does it.

chipquik or zeph low melt, or just mix your own up. the zeph rework
flux is really good too, its like honey i often remix solderpaste with
it when i'm doing stencil solder paste. unfortunately the zeph stuff
is really expensive.

i like your motto Barry.