[sdiy] To SMT orNot to SMT.. that is my question

Richie Burnett rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk
Fri Dec 20 17:39:33 CET 2013

Although surface-mount technology has undoubtedly revolutionized fields like microelectronics, medical, aerospace, entertainment and communications equipment, through-hole technology is still very much alive and well in the area of power electronics.

As long as people continue to need electrical equipment that requires hundreds or thousands of watts of power (desktop pc, radio transmitters, x-ray machines, induction heating etc.) then through-hole technology isn't going anywhere quickly.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all,

Best wishes,

-Richie Burnett,

Sent from my Sony Ericsson Xperia ray