[sdiy] To SMT orNot to SMT.. that is my question

Pete Hartman pete.hartman at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 04:11:56 CET 2013

Mike:

I've done two types of boards that had SMT.  One was a x0xb0x, and I
soldered the FTDI chip on, a fairly fine pitch, though hardly the
finest.  The other type was various things that are using SMT for
bypass caps, usually 1206 parts.  I had my frustrations with that, but
I'm no longer afraid.

If I had a need of/want for your project, being SMT wouldn't drive me away....

So tell me more about it :-)

Pete