[sdiy] To SMT orNot to SMT.. that is my question

The Old Crow oldcrow at oldcrows.net
Fri Dec 20 03:57:07 CET 2013

   If it is a project for DIYers, the only real task is getting folks to
take the dive.  Once they do, very often they never look back: as their
SMT hand-assembly skills rachet up, they discover the build time drops
by 30%.  What I tend to do is on various boards I offer for DIY is make
some parts (bypass caps, certain semis) SMT so folks can get a start on
it without being intimidated by the prospect of it all being SMT.

   Now if this is a board for your own edification, keep it SMT sicne
all the CAD work is finished. ;)  --Crow
/**/