[sdiy] Noise from a (perfect) Yamaha CS50

The Laboratory of Sound info at labofsound.com
Thu Dec 5 14:45:24 CET 2013

If there is a ground loop problem I would say your friend is hearing
hum in his audio signal. If that is the case, it could be a grounding
problem in his studio. He could try plugging the CS50 in another outlet
or physically moving the instrument to see if that helps. Sometimes the
headphone output is less noisy. Or he could hook it up to a DI with
ground lift option engaged.

Cheers,

Jack