[sdiy] mini-din socket - panel mount?

Dave Brown davebr at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 16 19:17:46 CEST 2013

I've actually never seen mini-DIN used for MIDI, just the standard 5 pin
DIN.  I'm using the 4 pin mini-DIN connector for I2C (4 pins) to external
peripherals for my ComputerVoltageSource.  In this case it is to a 12 key
keypad and external control that I use for my Supersequencer program.
Originally I repurposed one of the 16 controls for input, but then I always
had to set it back up for the sequencer controls so I decided I really
needed 17 controls.  I threw the keypad in because I had an extra analog
input channel.  I also did an I2C expansion board that gives me an
additional 16 analog inputs or 16 digital inputs/outputs.

Dave