[sdiy] IDC connector reliability?

J. Verhoeven jarno.verhoeven at ziggo.nl
Wed Apr 3 09:29:16 CEST 2013

Gold plating will help with the number of matings and contact resistance, not sure if either of these are really critical in synth applications. From a power distribution standpoint, I think the main objection to IDC is the limit on wire gauge.
Making the standard eurorack cables really is very easy with IDC, especially with a dedicated tool.

I never had one fail (el-cheapo DIL sockets on the other hand.....), but I am by no means a veteran.

Best regards,

Jarno.