[sdiy] clickless muting

Stewart Pye stewpye at optusnet.com.au
Mon Oct 29 06:01:22 CET 2012

I've used a mosfet solid state relay for muting with good results. I
couldn't tell you which one I used until I get back to work next week
but I think it may be this one...
http://www.vishay.com/docs/84724/vo1400ae.pdf

You'll probably need a double shunt configuration to get the attenuation
you want. I had no problem with pops, unlike when I've used jfets and
had to slow down the gate drive. If I have to do it again I'll be using
the SSR's. (it may not be device linked to above though)

Cheers,
Stew.