[sdiy] Tips on network theory??

David G Dixon dixon at mail.ubc.ca
Fri Oct 19 19:35:34 CEST 2012

Bill, I agree with all of your book choices.  I spend lots of time with Jung
for sure.

> Actually, I will argue that it isn't the undergrad study of network
analysis that
> hampers most recent grads - it's the complete lack of interest, on the
part of the
> programs and professors, in analog electronics. Didn't anyone tell them
that even
> a digital circuit is analog<G>???

I didn't mean to imply that network analysis impeded EE undergrads, only
that it didn't necessarily help them.  On the other hand, it is so
excruciatingly dull (especially when taught out of context with relation to
actual circuits, as most undergraduate university courses (unfortunately)
tend to be taught) that it may very well contribute to the very lack of
interest in analog design that you lamented.  After all, if all that crap is
necessary for analog design (as many profs probably infer during their
lectures on the topic), then who in their right mind would want to do it?