[sdiy] Clavinet C Preamp Problem(more)

Paul Perry pfperry at melbpc.org.au
Fri Oct 12 03:40:44 CEST 2012

And, note what happens when the power is reversed:
the 25uF cap connected to the T2 emitter charges via leakage through T2.
When the power is put the right way around, this cap provides foward bias to
T2, which then amplifies.. until the cap discharges through the T2 emitter
resistor.

Maybe I am right - maybe I am not - but the thing to remember is this: every
circuit always works exactly as the laws of physics say it should. It may be
that the circuit you are working on, isn't the circuit you think (or wish)
it is, though!
That's advice from the late Bob Pease, and it's helped me a lot.

Think about it this way: before you can restore your gear to the circuit it
WAS, you have to determine what it is NOW.

paul perry melbourne australia