[sdiy] 3x Input OR Gate from NANDs? (v2)

Justin Owen juzowen at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 17:12:40 CEST 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: Ingo Debus [igg.debus at t-online.de]

Am 05.10.2012 um 21:32 schrieb Justin Owen:

>> Like so: http://www.sdiy.org/juz/NAND_logic_02.jpg
>> Yes, my requirement is to use 2x input NANDs - so that counts out a 3x input NAND and other non-NAND methods.

> A simpler way would be to omit IC4D and IC5B and feed input C directly into both inputs of IC5D instead. But then the > propagation delay would not be the same anymore for all three inputs. This may or may not be a problem.

> Ingo

Thanks Ingo - that's a nice improvement. So it's basically 2 - (3x NAND) OR Gates as opposed to my original 3 - (3x NAND) OR Gates.

Good point about the propagation delay. It'll be powered by +12V so that's 2 stages at about 20-30 nanoseconds each.
I think, within a music making environment, I can live with that.

Appreciated.

Justin