[sdiy] Best VCA circuit for synth module..

blacet at blacet.com blacet at blacet.com
Thu Oct 4 20:48:58 CEST 2012

SSM2164 is a more modern component with a bit better performance. It's
expo but you can linearize it with one section in the feedback loop ala
Mike Irwin's article in EDN.

I think temperature compensation is usually left out of most designs as
the drift is not detectable when you are talking about volume. Most
transconductance ICs have the 3500ppm drift.