[sdiy] Is this a three pin cap or ceramic resonator?

Tim Stinchcombe tim102 at timstinchcombe.co.uk
Thu May 31 23:01:06 CEST 2012

> 1) It is a ceramic package with larger dimensions near where
> the wires
> go in basically.  It says 101 on it as though to indicate 100pf
> 2) It measures shorted on the outer pins and 100pf to the center pin.

It does indeed sound like it could be a 3-terminal capacitor. We use them on
several of our older boards at work, for noise suppression I think. They are
basically a ceramic cap with a loop of wire for the second terminal, often
with two little ferrite beads coming of the seond connection - weird looking
things!

http://www.murata.com/products/emicon_fun/2011/09/emc_en28.html

or

http://uk.farnell.com/murata/dss6nc52a102q55b/capacitor-3-terminal-1000pf/dp