[sdiy] newbie question: Adding LED to JH Sample & hold schematic

ganesha goaqihai at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 31 16:13:53 CEST 2012

Thanks!

----- Original Message -----
From: Oren Leavitt <obl64 at ix.netcom.com>
To: synth-diy at dropmix.xs4all.nl
Sent: Thursday, 31 May 2012, 9:53
Subject: Re: [sdiy] newbie question: Adding LED to JH Sample & hold schematic

Try this:

Since the voltage on Iabc (pin 5) of the sampling 3080 will at or very
near V- (on pin 4) when off (in the "hold" state), you could use a
comparator to monitor this for any rise above V- (say V- + 0.5V) and
drive an LED.
Any current turning on that 3080 will show a voltage there of about a
diode (Vbe) drop above V-.
Make sure the input impedance of the comparator is high enough not to
load the small currents driving the 3080.

Just a thought...

- Oren