[sdiy] Looking for MATRIX 12 information

jays at aracnet.com jays at aracnet.com
Thu May 31 01:35:37 CEST 2012

I've had a number of Obie Matrix units. All have had issues with chips
in sockets. Most of the time I've been able to 'fix' them by reseating
the chips and connectors. Except for the M6 keyboard which has the
boards facing downwards. In that case the processor fell out of the
socket and reinserting it fixed it. Be careful though. All my units had
leaf type pins in the chip sockets. If you aren't careful you can pull a
socket pin out or bend a chip lead.

I'd reseat the VCO and sample and hold chips and see what happens.

Good luck.
Jay S.