[sdiy] TB303 Slide

Stewart Pye stewpye at optusnet.com.au
Sun May 27 01:36:34 CEST 2012

That makes sense. So the slide time is the same as a standard RC
portamento circuit with the R being 100k and the C being 220n, the only
difference is the way the C is switched and the fact that it is switched
on briefly even when you don't want it.

I've simulated the RC circuit in LT spice and have proved T=RC
regardless of the target voltage.

One thing that confused me was that the Arp Axxe service manual says for
portamento speed:
Minimum speed 1.5 seconds per octave
Maximum speed 0.01ms per octave
Yet it looks like a simple RC circuit into FET buffered op amp buffer....

I'm designing a sequencer that will have slide and accent capabilities
of the TB303 and am trying to decide whether to use a 12 bit DAC or an
R2R ladder like the TB303. If I go the R2R route I'll use a decent
voltage reference, and probably a 74ACT573 to drive the R2R ladder. This
will allow me to drive it from a 3.3V micro, and should have enough
current output to obviate the extra buffers in the 303 circuit. I just
need to get one and measure the high and low output voltages.

Thanks for the advice.

Regards,
Stewart.