[sdiy] Heathkit Oscilloscope Information

Chris Muir cbm at well.com
Thu May 17 21:46:34 CEST 2012

On May 17, 2012, at 12:04 PM, Tim Daugard wrote:

> Anyone have Rigol, Owon or the Aten other than the one person I'v already talked to? Or a different source for Rigol other than Saelig and Amazon?

I have a Rigol DS1052e, the 50 MHz version of the DS1102e. For the money it's hard to beat, with one sort of major annoyance: it has a cooling fan. Not a big deal for a lot of things, but for audio work it can be problematic.

It's worth noting that the DS1052e and the DS1102e are the same hardware. There are hacks to convert the DS1052e to 100 MHz.

– C

http://www.xfade.com		| theory and practice. In practice, there is.
   cbm at well.com		|               - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut