[sdiy] CV mixer trouble

Harry Bissell harrybissell at wowway.com
Wed May 16 13:16:12 CEST 2012

I'd say using the power supply rails might be OK if you ~own~ the rails (like you say you do, Tom...)
Then you always know what is connected and how stable and clean they are.

The MOOG ROGUE uses its +/- 12V for VCO references...

Other than that, its a really bad idea. I don't ever use the rails of my own system, even to drive
the pots on the front panel :^)   Precision references are not very expensive these days.