[sdiy] Restoring "feel" on pots?

aankrom aankrom at bluemarble.net
Wed May 16 02:06:27 CEST 2012

There's a silicone grease that's used on auto brakes. You can find it
in auto parts stores. I've used Vaseline to restore the 'feel' of pots
too. You have to carefully disassemble, lubricate, then reassemble, but
it's really not so difficult. I use Deoxid to clean pots and switches.
If used sparingly, you can preserve the lubrication in the pots. It's
pricey, but it works way better than WD40. Of course it won't restore
the lubrication if you've used something else, but it's something to
consider for future cleaning.

AA